Sales Executive Job Description
North-JerseyNews.com is looking for a sales executive as we take our next steps to grow the company. This part-time position is a ground floor opportunity to grow with young, dynamic media start-up, focused on Northern New Jersey political reporting. The position requires assessing the market potential of prospective accounts, working with clients/advertising agencies and our internal team to develop advertising leads.
The essentials of the job is to seII digital advertising for our website, targeting North Jersey politics. The sales executive would be responsible for regular outreach to new clients and advertising agencies, helping develop integrated media plans and support materials working collaboratively with the internal N-JN.com team.
Minimum qualifications for the job include:
- 3+ years’ sales experience minimum at a media organization
- College degree preferred
- Digital sales experience a plus
- History of being able to develop and grow a client base and agency relationships, including prospecting and lead generation.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills.
- Strong sales skills, specifically ability to create effective sales promotions as well as adaptable and effective negotiating skills.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented, competitive, fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter who can work independently and adapt quickly to different selling situations.
Position Location: Northern New Jersey